We are seeking for a creative Visual Designer with a strong passion for the design and development of engaging user experiences. You are self-driven and motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative and open collaborative environment. You bring highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to all your projects, showing great problem-solving skills. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
- A great visual storyteller: You help transform design concepts into beautiful experiences.
- An aesthete: You have a genuine passion for detail and excellence in design.
- A self-starter: Driven by curiosity, your creative engine is always running.
- A provocateur: You believe that critical thinking leads to great ideas.
- Empathetic: You are committed to putting yourself in other people’s shoes.
- Curious: Committed to constantly improving your skills and staying current on industry trends.
- A team player: You believe that collaboration requires great communication skills and even better listening skills.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Develop compelling and consistent visual experiences across various creative media
- Participate in teams during all project phases: planning, research, design validation and implementation.
- Participate proactively in the brainstorming, development, and implementation of visual design concepts.
- Collaborating on user experience planning with project teams
- Consulting with clients and lead project strategists and researchers
- Create wireframes as well as visual design comps, with the ability to move seamlessly from wireframing to high fidelity mockups, to delivering assets for production, quickly and iteratively.
- Help design compelling and engaging slide decks and reports that communicate our unique DNA
- Researching and sharing interaction design and technology trends
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Background in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, or similar fields.
- Two or more years of design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices or multimedia applications.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and pixel-level attention to detail
- Professional-level design-software proficiency (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Some understanding of HTML, HTML5, CSS, iOS, Android and the capabilities of web browsers
- Intermediate proficiency with prototyping software such as invision or justinmind
- A strong sense of typography, photography and color theory
- Advanced understanding of design principles for intuitive interfaces and interaction flows.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Understanding of common software development practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Online portfolio to accompany resume
- 3D modeling, After Effects, rendering and animation
- Video and sound editing, production a big plus
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat; please send your resume, cover letter, and a sample of your work to email@example.com. In your email, you can either share a link to your portfolio site or directly upload samples of work (keep it light; we are mobile-friendly!).
THE MEME is a strategic design and innovation consultancy. With a client list including some of the most innovative departments in Samsung Electronics,
LG Electronics, and Microsoft, we make complex decisions simple, operating at the intersection of technology, culture, and business. We practice human
centered design and experiment with pushing design thinking to novel environments, driven by a passion for creating real value and meaning for people.